Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes with Whipped Cream
Delicious Fall Treat by Your Cup of Cake
Pumpkin Pie Cakes
24 Golden Oreos
½ cup oil
½ cup applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 ½ cups sugar
1 cup brown sugar
15 ounces pumpkin puree (the small can)
2 ¾ cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon salt
Whipped Cream Topping
1 pint heavy whipping cream
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup powdered sugar
cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice to decorate
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcakes liners (yields 24).
2. Split the Oreos and drop them at the bottom of each liner, cream side up. (You can use the non cream side as decoration at the end it you want.)
3. Gently combine eggs, oil, applesauce and vanilla.
4. Stir in brown sugar and sugar for several minutes.
5. Stir in pumpkin puree.
6. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
7. Add dry ingredients to oils/sugars and stir only until combined.
8. Fill cupcake liners ¾ full and bake for 17-25 minutes, or until an inserted knife or toothpick comes out clean.
9. Whipped Topping: Using a whisk or whisk attachment, beat heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Add powdered sugar and vanilla and mix until combined.
10. Spoon onto cooled cupcakes and sprinkle cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice on top to decorate.
I normally judge a cupcake by its batter but with this one, DONT! Taste testing the beaters/spoons/bowls will not prove nearly as tasty as the end result! I was very skeptical before baking but these cupcakes are da bomb! I love the surprise crunch at the bottom from the cookie, which, by the way, doesn’t get soft after baking. All in all, thumbs way up!